So many parents grew up in the generation where mental health issues weren’t talked about, addressed, or helped. Instead, they were seen as taboo and a weakness. This something that undoubtedly been passed down to their kids, who are now teenagers and young adults, who are struggling with mental health, but don’t know how to say it or how to ask for help. They might think their parents will ignore them and say nothing is wrong with them, and that it’s all in their head. Others might be afraid of being shunned or even sent away. And some could flat out get blamed for it, even though it is out of their control. Whether or not these parents want to break through their generational mold, they have to. Mental health, and the struggles that come with it, are a serious concern and hot topic of discussion in our world today, and if parents want to help their kids, they have not be afraid to break the awkward silence and reach out. It isn’t always easy to ask for help, especially when someone is seriously struggling, so when someone offers help, certainly if that person is someone they love and look up to, they’ll feel seen, heard, and like they can do something to battle their struggles.

0
()