In the article ” Bagging Plastic” I learned that a ban of disposable plastic bags went into effect in the state of New York. Three other states like California, Hawaii, and Oregon already have bans on plastic bags and four more states recently. However not everyone agrees on the ban on plastic bags because they fear the damage on their business. In addition to the ban of plastic bags many people are at risk of losing their jobs as manufacturing and recycling plastic bags.

I think this plastic ban is going to affect now because it’s creating harm to the environment. So many people throw away tons and millions of plastic and most of it isn’t recycled it is either thrown in landfills or ends up in waterways that can threaten our marine wildlife. However, using paper bags uses more energy and results in more emissions.

What do you think is more sufficient for your environment?