In the article, “Growing Up”, I was able to learn that many children growing up aren’t able to learn things on their own and become unprepared for when they get older. The reason this happens is because parents become too overprotective, especially if you grow up in a certain household you have certain rules and things you can’t do until youre a certain age. What parents don’t realize is that having  a child grow up like this can lead to a lot of distrust and distance within their relationship. Although I do think that its good to set some rules and limitations to things, some parents go way too far especially when they don’t let their children do things that other children that age commonly do. Ultimately, parents should be able to raise their children without being so overprotective and be able to build good trusting relationships with them. 

Do you think you’ve grown up in an overprotective environment? If so, how has that affected your relationship with your parents? 

0
()