Youth Voices
Youth Voices
Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell Book Review
/

For my independent reading book, I chose Outliers: Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell. I decided to read this book because I have been interested in the author for a while. I thought that the idea of success in my life could’ve used a refreshing, new outlook.

I have enjoyed this book so far. The different ideas presented have kept me interested; it doesn’t just talk about one occupation; Malcolm uses evidence from various lifestyles and backgrounds to support the claim that “outliers don’t come naturally.”

The main ideas are that while people work hard to succeed in life, there are certain instances where success only comes to a few people based on random things. Some people aren’t given the same opportunities, which end up, making or breaking their chances of going somewhere in life.

Malcolm’s writing style throughout the book comes from an informative and relatable tone that allows the reader to understand the complexities of his theory while also giving some personal anecdotes that make the reader engage in the book itself.

The quote I state in my audio file gives an excellent example of what the writing style can do to pull the reader in; it is from the introduction, and it was the line that got me into the book.

As I said at the end of my review, I hope you all get a chance to read Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, it is a great book, and I am very excited to continue it! Malcolm has shown that he is capable of making a writing style consistent throughout the book, so far, I have noticed many details that make a clear theme.

0
()