- Take care of SAD
- How Do We Protect Our Privacy in the Modern Technological World?
- Othello: Loving and Serious
- My Voice Entering Shakespeare’s World
- Othello Close Reading
- Othello Recording
- Medical Marijuana
- Studies on Medical Marijuana as Treatment for Various Conditions
- Immigrants Create A better Community
- Voice of Desdemona
- More Parks for Oakland!
- The Effect Of Violence On Youth, Oakland California
- Why Violence is a Problem
- Homelessness: Are Politicians Doing Enough?
- Littering in Oakland
- The effects of violence
- OUSD District Blog – Ashley Mujica
- Iago is Sneaky
- Desdemona Is Innocent.
- Iago: Sneaky, Conniving, and Heartless
- Othello was proud he took Brabantio from Desdemona
- Broken-hearted and Confused
- What Emilia Knows
- Othello trapped by Iago
- Iago is Angry and Confident
- Iago Wants Power
- Othello’s Disappointment and Anger
- The Two Videos By Curtis Angelo
- Othello: A Humble, Passionate, Accepting, and Brotherly Person
- Iago Plays it Cool with Roderigo
- Othello’s Many Traits
- Calm, but with passion
- Showing Othello with Tone
- Iago: More than Two-faced
- That Shakespeare Voice Thou!
- Gentrification is a “Slap In The Face”
- OUSD School Meals
- Mental Illness and Homeless: 3 Ways Communities Can Help
- Iago speech
- Iago’s plan
- Othello Passage
- Desdemona’s Choice
- Desdemona: Sympathetic and Annoyed
- Desdemona: Sad and Solemn
- Important Advice from the Duke
- Othello speaking to his new wife, Desdemona
- Iago’s Plan
- Iago the Snake
- Wise Words From Desdemona
- Iago’s Scheming: 1.3.426-447
- Othello 1.2.75-84
- Mental Illness in the Homeless Population
- Mental Illness and the Homeless Population (Exp. Essay Week 2)
- Mental Illness and Homelessness: Facts and Figures
- Emilia lashes out
- Othello Voice Recording
- Fighting to Change the Foster System
- Othello 1.3.208-218
- How Should We Help Prevent Suicide
- Is school lunch a problem?
- Does Music Truly Benefit Oakland Schools ?
- Can Fortnite affect a person negatively or positively?
- Littering in Oakland
- Iago is a snake
- Othello Audio Reading 1.3.208-218
- Desdemona to Her Father
- Recording a Passage from Othello
- Desdemona 1.3. 208-218
- Othello Close Reading
- Desdemona: 1.3.208-218
- Emotions of Emilia in Othello
- Desdemona Slaps Back
- A dark and sad passage from Othello
- Cassio breaks Bianca’s heart with a handkerchief
Do you think it’s fair that students are being served Pre-pack food and not have the choice or option for fresh cooked food? With no good school meals students are going to have a hard time being focused, and this will impact their academics, so school meals need to improve.
A lot of students depend on the school meals to stay focused in school, therefore they need to be better. Often students are too tired for breakfast and then don’t like the food for lunch. According to Health and Academic Achievement by the CDC, they said “ Skipping breakfast is associated with decreased cognitive performance (e.g., alertness, attention, memory, processing of complex visual display, problem solving) among students” (CDC) This means that students who skip both meals morning and lunch have a hard time staying focus and a lot of students can be in a bad mood by not eating and don’t have the calories they need of the day.
However, in order for food to improve Oakland needs to put their money into this program. The principal at Life Academy believes the food is bad because of finances. She states,“ I think it’s a question of money, if we had
all the money in the world we would do it (good food quality ) but we have to make really hard choices about where to invest money” said Ms. bowman, the principal of Life Academy high school.The district is having a hard time with the budget and that’s a reason of the food quality.In other OUSD schools they are selling their food and that makes students not to eat because the food is expensive and bad. According to OUSD the current prices are:
2018-19 School Meal Prices:
Elementary Lunch: $2.75
Secondary Lunch $3.50
Additionally, some students receive free lunch or reduced lunch, but still they would rather not eat than eat something that tastes bad. Or they waste the little money they have on chips and things at the liquor store which is not healthy.
Some solutions I have to improve the school lunch is to provide fresh food. Students would eat something that tastes good and that is fresh. With some fresh fruit like watermelon they would eat something that is prepared that day. In the cafeterias they should have people cooking the type of food they cook at home. They should see the fresh and good food they cook at home and see that it is not that expensive to have at school. Students would eat that and have their meals to stay healthy while they at school instead of buying bad food or trash food at the store.
Health And Academic Achievements . National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion , Health And Academic Achievements , www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/health_and_academics/pdf/health-academic-achievement.pdf. The article was about nutrition on how can affect the student if they don’t eat well and don’t have their daily calories.