My multimedia project

As a class, we were instructed to do a digital activism topic and my team decided to focus on LGBTQ rights in the healthcare system. At a very early age I was exposed to the LGBTQ community and have never had an issue with them. Many of my friends and relatives are apart of the LGBTQ community and it went without saying that there is nothing wrong with them. However, I have seen and heard plenty of times in which the LGBTQ community has been harassed, discriminated against, and unfairly treated. I feel very strongly about this issue as I would never want any of the ones I love to have their rights taken away. There is no reason the LGBTQ community should be excluded from rights given to straight people, specifically how the health care system provides insurance. The reason we are given that is because we are human and need it. Straight people and the LGBTQ community are both human so there is no reason this right should be taken away from them.

I decided to focus my presentation on the current legal frameworks directed towards LGBTQ health care as it plays a very important role in further protecting the LGBTQ community. Without laws like the ACA people will continue to discriminate against the LGBTQ community and get away with it. My presentation, the first video you see, talks more about this in depth and how in order to create effective change we need to change the law system that is a major cause of it.

Here’s a link to our website if you want to learn more!

https://lgbtqhealthcare.home.blog/

0
()