two smiling women standing while holding banners near concrete wall

A top discussion in the world right now is about the rights of abortion and if it should be legal or not. Men are the ones getting to decide if it should stay legal or if they were going to ban it.

There are many debates and protests going on where men are angry that we are given the option to “kill an unborn baby.” The debate is that babies are not given a life to live, but there are many situations these people fail to understand. Many women face these issues alone and can not financially support the baby. But our bodies should not be in control by men, they should have a say in what we can do with our bodies.

Personally, women have always been a pon in a man’s chess game. We are seen as the obedient ones and should always take care and listen to the men. We were not put on earth to take care of men and wait on their wants and needs. We have fought for the rights of our own. Something like abortion or birth control should not be a discussion made by men.

Felipe vargas
Felipe vargas
September 9, 2021 12:25 am

Dear Kayla

I am very impressed by your post ” Our bodies are not a political discussion” because you are right, i feel like it should go both ways and if the girl doesn’t want the child then she could decide what she wants to do because she is the one thats going to be carrying it in her stomach for 9 months if she decides to keep the offspring.

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me is ” something like abortion or birth control should not be a discussion made by men” i agree with this because men shouldn’t be the only ones having a saying in this topic i feel like women should at least be given the right to decide as well that’s why we have equal rights.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what your next subject is about because i like how you seem so passionate about what your talking about. I would like to hear more about these topics from you.

Felipe Vargas

April 19, 2021 6:47 am

Dear Kayla,
I am intrigued by your post, “Our bodies are not a political discussion,” because as a woman I understand the argument and have heard it many times. I fully agree with your statement that men definitely shouldn’t have a say in what we can do with our bodies.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, “We were not put on earth to take care of men and wait on their wants and needs.” I think this is important because men do have this constant idea that we are here to serve them and to tender to their needs. I think that it’s an idea/stereotype that we should get rid of and teach men that women aren’t objects.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you write with passion and you can feel how important this subject is to you.
Yadira Guillen

February 2, 2021 4:38 pm

Dear Kayla,
I liked how passionate you seem about the topic of abortion. I agree with you that most political debates are held by men. I have seen multiple times how men have entered this conversation and put in their strong opinions. “Something like abortion or birth control should not be a discussion made by men.” This quote stood out to me as I agree with you that women should be at the upfront of these decisions that would directly affect them.

3
0
()