Youth Voices
Youth Voices
Othello Passage
/

I chose the play Othello. I did act 1, scene 3, lines 208-218. I played the character of Desdemona. My own rehearsal and oral performance taught me a lot about the impact of tone, inflection, volume, and pacing. It showed me that these factors can really alter the perspective and message people get about the lines. I also learned that my emphasizing certain words and phrases, you can really change the whole tone of the passage. Overall, this affects how the character is perceived throughout the rest of the novel. As I was performing, I understood Desdemona’s traits and emotions. It showed me how distraught she is over the situation and how difficult it is for her to answer the questions her father asked her. She had to have a lot of bravery and courage to stand up to her father like that so that she could stand her ground. Despite the difficulty of the question and situation however, she is still very passionate about her feelings for Othello.

0
()