For this research paper I have decided to study and do some research on organic foods and products.  It is a topic that has always somewhat interested me and I would like to find out more about it.  I wanted to understand more about the difference in production, the growing, and the actual product itself. When first researching the term “organic” it is referring to the process and the way the food is grown. The crops must be grown a certain way without the use of specific chemical used in traditional farming. All the livestock raised for organic products must be raised a certain way and feed organic foods. Organic products contain less pesticides that are often used in ordinary foods.  One of the biggest arguments for organic foods is that they are GMO free and for many this is an important factor.  One downside of the organic products is that they tend to cost more than average products.  This can play a big part in whether you consume organic products. My question is, is the extra cost worth it?

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/healthy-eating/organic-foods.htm

I found that in order for products to be considered organic they must undergo certification.  This is a process of inspections to ensure all the standards are being met.  These standards are set by the National Organic Program.  When I get further into research I would like to see exactly what these standards are that must be met.  It has been found that organic farming is better for the environment because of water management and habitat maintenance.  I would like to study this more and find out exactly what it does for the environment and why is it better than traditional farming. I would like to directly compare the 2 and see the differences.

http://ofrf.org/organic-faqsorganic foods photo

0
()