Open your eyes.

Open your eyes and see the riots in France, the Mouvement des gilets jaunes, the tear gas burning the eyes of the French citizens, the police trying to blind the innocent people when we must continue to see the problems in our society.

Open your eyes.

Open your eyes and see the two people claiming to be the president of Venezuela, how there, gas is almost free but water and food cost a fortune, see the ten percent of their country flee their home just to be able to live.

Open your eyes.

Open your eyes and see the thousands of children separated from their parents at the border and put into cells with people they have never seen, the children dying in ICE custody due to poor conditions and terrible quality of treatment, the President of the so-called “land of the free,” being ok with lives lost in US captivity.

Open your eyes.

Open your eyes and see Nauru, the Island off the coast of Australia, where thousands of war fleeing immigrants are sent to live the rest of their lives in appalling conditions, where people are denied medical treatment, where children younger than ten are cutting themselves, saying, “One day I will kill myself, wait and see, when I find the knife. I don’t care about my body. ”

Open your eyes.

Open your eyes and see the eight countries where children are forced to serve as child soldiers. Where civil wars plague the land, planting fear into the minds of the young. In Syria where cities crumble, lives are destroyed, and families are torn apart.

Open your eyes.

Jennifer
Jennifer
January 12, 2021 4:11 am

Dear Flynn,
I am so intrigued by your poem, “Open Your Eyes” because of your point of view to talk about these serious topics. I like how you help people think about what going on in this world. One sentence you wrote that really stood out to me is, “Open your eyes and see the eight countries where children are forced to serve as child soldiers.” I think this sentence is so powerful because many people don’t know how there are still so many children struggling in the world. Thank you for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because helping people understand that not everything in the world is okay is important for them to analyze it in a different perspective.

Elijah
April 8, 2019 4:48 pm

Nek minut

Paxton
April 8, 2019 4:48 pm

So Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool and inspiring.

Evelin
April 3, 2019 6:28 pm

I am inspired by your poem, “Open Your Eyes,” because is very deep and it really makes people think in what type of world we are living in. I totally agree that we should open our eyes and see the bigger picture. We should have a world that every country have something good to give to its people. We see America as the american dream but in reality if you live here you can see all the bad in it. I really appreciate that you made this powerful poem, it will surely open people’s eyes! Hope seeing more work from you! I’ll like to also know what you think our community or you can do to make a big change in our world?

Christy
April 3, 2019 5:28 pm

Dear, Flynn Baog
My name is Christy and I am a 9th grader at life academy. I really like how your poem expands one’s thinking and talks about a serious topic on how these things need to be stopped or how they arent okay. Comparing how gas is is almost as free but water and food cost a lot, it shows the changes we need to make in our society and how messed up it is. Using anaphoras in your poem really brings out your poem and tells the readers what to open their eyes to even though they may not be there. Posting this out into the public can catch someones and give them ideas on how to stop these oppressive things from happening. When reading this poem I had a question for you.. What would you do to to somehow interrupt the oppression going in the society flow and thinking?
Christy.V

5
0
()