In the article, “The Problem With Online Returns”(Upfront), I learned that returned items that are shipped are a lot less likely to be put back on shelves and are thrown away into waste. This waste is composed mainly of new items that have been returned, most not even being old and so many items are returned it leads up to 5 billion items wasted. Regardless of what the product is, mainly all are thrown away. They say it is best to keep the items instead of shipping them back for return. If you are gonna return, it is best to return them back to the store yourself.

I am surprised about how much new products are wasted and don’t go back on store shelves. I think this is another issue that feeds into how we pollute our environment. I think other ways we can improve solving this issue is saving these items and giving it to the homeless or giving it to someone who needs it. Or we can recycle these items to people who can use them to recreate something new with them. These are some of the few ways I can think of helping slow down this issue.

What are some ways you think you can help use or give items instead of trying to return the items as they might be thrown away?

0
()