In the article, “Gun Control in The United Kingdom” (Henry), I learned that the people of the UK have the strictest gun control in the world. The UK had somewhat outlawed guns in 1996, making it difficult to obtain a weapon. With this criminals still found other ways to arm themself by instead using knives. Gun control, to begin with, was connected to US gun control, this is because the US has the highest gun violence rates from the availability of these weapons. With the idea that making a strict policy, it would stop more crime involving gun violence it actually did not and instead caused more crimes with other weaponry. 

I think what is happening in the UK is a crisis. It must feel dangerous and scary that even taking away weaponry still does not help with crime. The idea that someone will continue to find a way to harm someone is scary and disgusting. 

How can we create crime rates to decrease?

0
()