There is a person that’s mimicking  Simon Keller. Simon Keller made an app where he would tell everyone in Bayview Highs secrets, but after he died, A new person does the same thing, but it’s not on a app, he or she  is making people play games and if they do not, the impostor is going to reveal some characters deepest darkest secret.

The middle chapters of One of Us is next by  Karen Mcmanus might leave a reader feeling curious because the readers can be extremely zealous for her to reveal the imposter. An example of this is on page 33.  “You get 24 hours  to text your choice back, Pick Truth and I will reveal one of your secrets. Pick Dare and I’ll give you a challenge.  ” This is that readers are curious  because they want to know who sent that message. 

A reader’s questions might start on page 39 where it says: “I can go back to what I was doing on my phone in the first place checking to see if there’s another text from whoever sent the truth or dare rules yesterday  .” This is important because this shows how the imposter is playing games with the students of Bayview. This conflict is surprising because why aren’t the kids that are getting these messages telling teachers, do they want the same outcome as last time.  The author seems to be making the point that the teachers really don’t care.

After this part of the One of us is next most readers probably will be looking forward to reading the rest of this One of us is next because we want to know who is the imposter. People are going to play the game and end up facing consequences.

Drew
November 24, 2020 3:54 am

Dear Ocean :
I am excited by your post, “One of us is Next” because… Of the idea that there is this imposter daring others to do things, and no one knows who it is.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “After this part of the One of us is next most readers probably will be looking forward to reading the rest of this One of us is next because we want to know who is the imposter.” I think this is anticipating because… We all wanna know who this imposter guy is! Is it one of the friends? A person watching them? A monster? WHO?

Another sentence that I Enjoyed was: “Simon Keller made an app where he would tell everyone in Bayview Highs secrets, but after he died, A new person does the same thing, but it’s not on a app, he or she is making people play games and if they do not, the impostor is going to reveal some characters deepest darkest secret.” This stood out for me because… The author switched up the storyline, reeling others back in. Now the imposter is someone new and everyone wants to figure it out.

Have you seen the movie, Truth Or Dare. I thought you might be interested in this because it reminded me so much of this book, The characters are forced to do truth or dares but not just for secrets. Things eventually start to get violent and creates more and more issues.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because… I want to see of you get the next book in the series and how its gonna play out, Will they ever know who the true imposter is?

Kaimea
November 23, 2020 5:10 pm

Dear ocean:
I am interested by your post, “One of us is Next by Karen m. McManus report,” because I liked your opinions and reasoning.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “This conflict is surprising because why aren’t the kids that are getting these messages telling teachers, do they want the same outcome as last time. The author seems to be making the point that the teachers really don’t care.” I think this is interesting and you brought out a great point that readers may have never thought about.
I do agree with you that readers would most likely want to read the rest of the book to find out who is the imposter.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you brought out great points with strong reasoning.

2
0
()