In One of Us is Lying ( the book before One of Us is Next in the series) Nate  is a dynamic character. His archetype changes over the course of the book. At the beginning of the book, he is the archetypal criminal. This can be seen on page 47 in One of Us is Lying , where the author writes: “I was picked up for selling weed over the summer and i’m on probation”.

But by page 355, Nate has begun to transform into the archetypal player .  He dates Bronwyn and this changed him positively and he’s not doing that many bad things .  Evidence of this is on page 355 it says “Brownyn you are the best thing that ever happened to me”

Nate is no longer the person who sells drugs .

A reader might predict that the turning point for Nate comes in the next book. One of us is Next . Page 358  encourages this  “ I finally let myself smile, and now that I let that happen I can’t stop. That’s okay though. I catch his reflection in the backseat window , and he can’t stop either. This shows how Nate has feelings for Browyn and he is going to change for the better.

0
()