don't give up. You are not alone, you matter signage on metal fence

Today, more and more people are facing the problem of depression and the pressure of work or school. Suicides are mainly caused by deficiencies in problem solving in extreme life situations. “I think this topic is very important and should be discussed with people who do not believe that it is something that adolescents want to draw attention to. . . “Because unfortunately it was. In my case, my parents thought it was an act to want their attention but it was not like that, I really felt bad, so I decided to help.

And sometimes people feel very empty, emotionally and even physically, many times.

Sometimes I wonder..

What is depression for you? Perhaps something to attract attention is what some people think, but no, it is not something serious that must be treated in time, depression is something that young people live today, and not young people of all ages, adults, children … Now in these times we should like ourselves, sometimes we know other people more than ourselves, we live by what people will say about our actions, but we never say how I will feel doing it … even sometimes our Mind can be the worst enemy in these cases.

But remember that you are not alone, fortunately there are people who can help you treat the depression that you are going through, do not shut up, talk, do not be afraid, think about yourself.

people think that it is better to end their life and thus their problems would end, but it is not like that, even our own family can make us fall into a depression with their hasty comments that they make us.

Parents have ever sat down to talk with their children and ask them how they are feeling, sometimes that simple word can change everything.

! No more suicides! 

1. Parker 3 months ago

Hi Leslie, I found your post really compelling. We have an incredibly high teen suicide rates here in Utah, and that’s commonly attributed to the LDS church that’s dominant here. Whether or not that’s the case is irrelevant right now (though it’s an incredibly compelling argument). The article is trying to spread awareness about mental illness to the public, and I found it fitting because it’s currently Invisible Illness week. It’s an incredibly important topic, it’s up to all of us to make sure we’re there for each other.

2. Eunice 3 months ago

Dear Leslie,

Your post “No More Suicides!” was very meaningful and relatable. In many countries, suicide is a major problem, however, it is often hidden by other issues and news. I think suicide is one of the topics that should be noticed in the world more frequently. This would help students and adults in depression get support from friends, a therapist, etc.

This was a very relatable post for me because where I am living right now (South Korea), currently is in 10th place of suicidal rates in the world. Suicide happens so frequently here, especially among young teenagers. Common students in South Korea often receive a lot of pressure from their parents in studying. Most (but not all) parents want their children to succeed academically, and they think sending them to after school academies will make their child learn ahead of time and improve their grades. A typical high school student in public schools could stay until ten o’clock (at night) in school or academies. When they arrive home, they would have to study for tests and complete work, and consequently puts a lot of stress. This happens not only in South Korea, but also in many other countries. A student could commit suicide due to stress at school, problems in learning a topic, struggling mentally at school, and much more.

I like how you mentioned for students to speak up if they are facing a problem or depression. I agree to this statement because through communicating his/her problems with a close friend, family, or any adults, they could help them overcome the problems. Many people often doubt themselves and hesitate when trying to tell someone their mental difficulties, but at the end, it would benefit them. Therefore, it is very essential for these students or anyone who is suffering mentally or physically to share their feelings.

Just to continue on your idea, I think one of the ways to reduce and end depression (and the feeling of wanting to committing suicide) for students is to do what you enjoy and what interests you instead of things that people force you to. Succeeding in the future is important, however, I think that being happy in life is even more important. You cannot be successful if you do not enjoy your life.

Your article has made me think more deeply about suicide in the world and possible causes and solutions to suicide.
    Thank you for your writing! 😀

– Eunice

Leslie 3 months ago

Hi Eunice, I am especially shocked (this was a very relatable post for me because where I live now (South Korea), it is currently 10th in suicide rates in the world). I can’t believe it: 0
      People today are consecrated in what will happen in our future, that is why they subject their children to stress, it makes me something terrible that where you live they do not attend to a super delicate issue that is depression, that they do not see what happens today With young people, adults and even children with their things to be better in their studies to have a better career, better let us give ourselves the pleasure of being happy which is what matters most, let us give ourselves to beautiful memories in our youth those that we will always remember. .
      Sometimes our own parents submit us with their ideas (I make it clear that we should not neglect the study, but neither is our happiness the main thing)
      For those people who are going through a situation like this, please take these moments into account and realize that you are not alone and will never be, do not let yourself see that it is not easy, something similar happened to me when you are in that kind of situation You don’t think that, you stay in your own world that makes you worse and worse.
      Here’s something I wrote when I was in a similar situation that I felt like nothing made sense …

Mainly and most importantly
      1: Be happy, be able to really smile, feel love for yourself.
      2: Get out of your comfort zone, distract yourself by doing something that appeals to you.
      3: Read books, write down your feelings, express yourself, uh even yell if you want (sounds crazy but step it up)
      4: Sleep that will keep you away from those bad thoughts.
      5: Do daring things and get your adrenaline pumping
      6: Learn to do things you never dared to do.
      7: Take photos, even if it is the most hasty.
      8: Listening to favorite music sometimes makes you feel good.
      9: Play or learn to play an instrument.
      10: Knowing new horizons does not make you disconnect from technology for a while.
      I hope it serves you and you realize that
      THEY ARE NOT ALONE!

3. Robert 3 months ago

Dear Leslie, I first want to thank you for posting this article. I totally agree with you, suicide is one of the major problems in the world, however, people are not paying much attention to it. As you mentioned, people mostly think it is an action to draw attention. But that’s is not true at all. I also felt like I was having mental and emotional issues which could lead to suicide for some people and I am sure that wasn’t and isn’t not only me. I felt depressed and I couldn’t stop thinking about negative things. But now I know that it is important to talk to people about it like you said. I also found out that we can feel better when you rest and I also think it is critical to know that you are not alone.

NO MORE SUICIDE.

-Robert Cho-

Leslie 3 months ago

Hello Robert How did you comment Not only you, sometimes in a stage we feel bad, depressed, negative thoughts that haunt you day and night but we comment, sometimes our own mind can be our worst enemy in those moments, what I want to give to understand that our Mind can be very wise and we let ourselves be carried away by those thoughts that we think are fine, but I know that they can cope with that .. Thank you very much for your comment..

4. Olivia 3 months ago

Leslie, this is a conversation that is so important and I’m glad that you wrote about it. Teen suicide is sadly something that is common. It is not hard to find someone that is struggling and needs help, yet everyone is too scared to talk about it because everyone thinks they are alone. I really liked how you made it clear that these people are not alone, and that they should not have to go through this all by themselves. Thank you for writing a post about something so important. I hope you continue to write on this topic and educate others on the importance of mental health.
    – Olivia Vandersteen

Leslie 3 months ago

Hello Olivia, As you mentioned from the beginning it is a conversation that should be treated, And also it is not that difficult to find a person with depression, Sometimes we are just afraid to speak we are afraid of being judged by other people and we just don’t keep it , But it is not good since each time that increases more and it is not a good thing because we carry that weight that every day increases every day and can become worse .. I appreciate your comment olivia..

5. Sam 3 months ago

Hello Leslie,
    Teenage mental health is something of a minefield these days… its hard to know exactly what to say, when to say it, and who to say it to. It can be easy to question if you’re doing more harm than good. But I think your article walks that tightrope; not only addressing the issue of teen suicide, but providing ideas and resources for its address. I’m glad to know the conversation continues, as it is not always an easy one to have. But I think that at the end of the day, we are all called to be there for one another and provide support for our brothers and sisters in times of need, and I am glad to see you acting on that calling.
    Best, Sam

Leslie 3 months ago

Hello Sam
      Exactly these days people are suffering more mental problems due to everything that is happening, it really shocks me that they think that yes, let’s not forget our relatives who may also be going through a situation like this. Thanks for your comment

6. Ashley Hannah 3 months ago

Dear Leslie, I found your post, “No More Suicides!” very important to our world. Right now, at this time, someone could be going through severe depression and possibly thinking of ending their life. It is absolutely heartbreaking to see so many young people go through situations where they think about suicide. Even the smallest word, smallest act, smallest thought, can change someone’s life drastically. So, check up on your close friends, family, coffee barista, whoever it is, it can change their lives in an instant.
    I particularly like when you said, “But remember that you are not alone, fortunately there are people who can help you treat the depression that you are going through, do not shut up, talk, do not be afraid, think about yourself.” It is very important for people to talk about their problems and feelings, not to bottle everything up and one day let it all out in the worst way possible…suicide. People have to know that they aren’t alone, we are there for them, we will listen to their story about how they found their favorite candy at the store. We will stay up all night together venting all of our feelings. We will listen…never forget that.

Leslie 3 months ago

Hello dear Ashley of course, how are you commenting? We do not know about the problems that a person is going through and sometimes we just judge without knowing what happens to that person, what if we better listen to them and stop judging people?
      And of course we are going to listen to you, whatever time it is we are going to listen to you remember that you are never alone, I loved your comment very much Ashley I appreciate your nice comment.

7. Juan 3 months ago

Dear Leslie, I found your post, “No More Suicides” devastating knowing that more and more people face the problem of depression which causes suicide. It is frustrating and saddening knowing that people go through some problems and don’t get the help they need. At times, they can find it difficult receiving help and also finding people that will listen to their problems. Depression can be categorized differently for each and every person, but although depression has different categories, the emotional distraught it brings to the person can bring them down. I personally went through depression in my life, and it was just emotionally tough to deal with things. Going out for help was pointless and I just felt that I wasn’t enough for people and their times. I then started to reconsider things and started to open up. Those who have gone through depression or are going through it right now, should open up to the most trustworthy person you know or you can always call the The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

One line that stood out from your post was that, “But remember that you are not alone, fortunately there are people who can help you treat the depression that you are going through, do not shut up, talk, do not be afraid, think about yourself.” This sentence should be understood by everyone and should be taken into consideration. It is true, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! There will always be someone there for you no matter how much you deny them, the help and the companionship are always going to be there for someone battling depression.

Thank you for writing this, I would like for you to write more about serious topics that could really affect and positively change one’s’s life.

-Juan

Leslie 3 months ago

Hello Dear Juan, unfortunately there are many people going through these types of problems without having help, I am very sorry about your case, but the good thing was that you were able to get ahead, and as you said, sometimes there are people who I cannot live with adequate help for that type of problems, unfortunately it was also my case about 2 years ago I felt overwhelmed since I suffered comments against me and that made me fall into a depression in which I was ending my life but then I resumed my life and let those comments These People will not affect me and above all my mind did not disappoint me, but right now we can get help from school, outside of school .. And remember if one day you feel bad or have thoughts like that, don’t give up. Sometimes our Mind can be our worst enemy in these cases. I really like your comment and I like the way you express me more and I also thank you for telling me about your situation you went through …

I would like you to write more about serious topics that could really affect and positively change your life, that was part of everything that I really liked and if I am going to continue commenting on different topics so that people feel good about themselves. Dismissal, Sincerely: Leslie Ramirez Hernandez

8. Author
    Leslie 3 months ago

Hi Yamile, how are you? I’m very sorry about your friend, I know what it feels like to lose a loved one to depression, that’s why I was inspired to make the publication for those people who are going through a difficult stage in their life, to remind them that they are not alone, they have friends, family, and even teachers who appreciate such people.
    I really like your comment, thank you very much for taking my post into account, and as I mentioned before, depression is something that should be treated with time, and if, as you said, sometimes those kinds of comments about How was your day? Even if it’s the smallest word, they make that person feel important and loved. I really appreciate your comment, I really like the way you express yourself and above all * If you are ever thinking about committing suicide, CALL 1-800-273-8255 (The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline) * I really like that part.
    I say goodbye with a big greeting Yours sincerely: Leslie Ramirez Hernandez 👋

9. Author
    Leslie 3 months ago

Hola Yamile, ¿cómo estás? Lamento mucho lo de tu amigo, sé lo que se siente perder a un ser querido por depresión, por eso me inspiré en hacer la publicación para aquellas personas que están pasando por una etapa difícil en su vida, para recordarles que no están solos, tienen amigos, familiares e incluso maestros que aprecian a esas personas.
    Me gusta mucho tu comentario, muchas gracias por tener en cuenta mi publicación, y como comenté antes, la depresión es algo que se debe tratar con tiempo, y si, como dijiste, a veces ese tipo de comentarios sobre Cómo estuvo tu día ? Incluso si es la palabra más pequeña, hacen que esa persona se sienta importante y amada. Realmente aprecio tu comentario, me gusta mucho la forma en que te expresas y sobre todo * Si alguna vez estás pensando en suicidarte, LLAME AL 1-800-273-8255 (The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline) * Me gusta mucho esa parte.
    Me despido con un gran saludo Atentamente: Leslie Ramirez Hernandez 👋

10. Yamile 3 months ago

Dear Leslie,
    I found your post “No More Suicides!” emotional because I have experienced the loss of a close friend due to depression. I agree with you that this is a serious topic that needs to be discussed more frequently. I think it’s disappointing that some people don’t take depression seriously and think that people could just get over it like nothing. Depression can emotionally and physically bring down a person due to many reasons, and for the most part, people don’t realize you can be going through it which is why you should never judge anyone because you don’t understand what’s going on with their life. I would also encourage parents like you mentioned to check up on your children because the simplest “How was your day?” can make them feel much better and supported.

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me was, “People think that it is better to end their life and thus their problems would end, but it is not like that,” This sentence right here needs to be heard by everyone. Please don’t turn to what you may think is the quickest route to end your suffering, there will always be someone there willing to hear you out, but to do so you must speak up. We want to hear from you, you matter, everyone does!

Thank you for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I would like to continue to hear more about serious issues that need to be addressed more often.

-Yamile

*If you are ever thinking about suicide PLEASE CALL 1-800-273-8255 (The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline)*