Jillian Nelson
April 15, 2019 4:27 pm

Ari,
This topic is very interesting to me and I did similar research on one of my youth voices posts. It is a little frightening to believe that people with such a big following can use their social media platforms to manipulate thousands of people. Here’s the post: https://www.youthvoices.live/2019/04/15/how-celebrities-use-social-media-to-manipulate-followers/

Lindsey
April 15, 2019 6:01 am

I have noticed an increase in friends using Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, and other forms of social media as their only news sources. It has become commonplace for teens to get news from the apps they already use 24/7 and ditch the newspaper, TV, and even online sources altogether. I also agree that it is very dangerous that social media as a main source of news is becoming more prevalent. While social media gives a quick glance at current events, it in no way, shape, or form covers the news thoroughly or accurately enough.

Oakley
April 14, 2019 9:03 pm

I agree with you that social media is not always reliable, but it is easy to access and pretty prevalent in our everyday lives. I would be curious to know your thought on people of power (president, etc) having social media accounts: positive or negative

3
0
()