1. Isabell 3 weeks ago

Dear Hai-Cheng:
    I am absorbed by your poem, “New York City,” because of the way you described nyc as to you. I agree with you when you said that New York City is unique and filled with music and entertainment.
    One line that stands out for me is, “Five puzzle pieces”. I think this line is powerful because it is in a metaphor of how the 5 boroughs create up New York City Manhattan,Queens.Brooklyn, Staten Isalnd and the Bronx.
    Another line that stands out for me is, “A compact melting pot”. I think this line is compelling because nyc does have a lot of different cultures, different people here. We are all one though in this big diverse city.
    Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next! Oh and I loved how you included metaphors in your poem.

2. Luisa 3 weeks ago

Dear Hai-cheng :

Your Poem talks about how you see New york city as a place that unique and filled with music and entrainment. Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next because I like how you talk about new york city and talking about the Music and entrainment in New York City and the culture there.

3. Ocean 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your poem! I look forward to seeing what you make next because I like how you use different literary techniques one of which is enjambment. I also liked how you talked about NYC Culture like music and entertainment.