5 1 vote
Shahaad
April 5, 2024 3:03 am

I think your cover really conveys the feeling of seeming like a fish out of water due to urban renewal. The atmosphere, body language of the young black teen and the dirty area around him truly show the disconnect that urban renewal causes.

Kelsey
April 5, 2024 12:12 am

Your cover image is a perfect summary of urban renewal’s effects on POC neighborhoods. In your post, you explain how infrastructure is more than just transportation, but how it affects those around it. The image of a young black boy standing in front of a wall with dirty streets around him shows how urban renewal separates POC from white residents leaving them with fewer resources which leads their neighborhoods to become dilapidated and abandoned.

Kiyerah
April 4, 2024 11:02 pm

Kennedy The title “Unlocking the Secrets of Inequality” possesses a captivating aura of mystery. It beckons us to embark on a journey of discovery, as if it holds the key to unraveling the enigmatic nature of inequality. The choice of words in the title ignites a sense of intrigue, hinting at a hidden realm of knowledge waiting to be explored. It suggests that beneath the surface lies a deeper understanding, waiting to be unlocked. This evocative title entices us to delve deeper into the subject, driven by a curiosity to uncover the hidden truths and untangle the complexities of inequality.

Keity
Keity
April 4, 2024 3:29 pm

This post talks about how different parts of the city look very different, showing a big gap. The post says this gap is not just about how things look, but also about bigger issues like money and class. It also talks about efforts to fix these problems, like making the city nicer, building more affordable homes, and starting programs for the community. But there’s a worry about gentrification, which can push out people who have lived in these neighborhoods for a long time. I like how the post also looks at how decisions about the city and roads have been made in the past, while ignoring how african american feel about these decisons. These decisons affect us to this date and most of major cities.

4
0
()