man in gray jacket and gray pants standing beside black car during daytime

In the article, “Devastation in Central America,” Guatemala and Honduras were affected and torn by two strong hurricanes.  The people, if were able to, left their homes, not looking back to what no longer isn’t there.  They lost their homes, some family, and it will take what they predicted to be a decade to recover from such a natural disaster.  The society they created, the economy they grew, vanished in a split second and there must be ways to get  Guatemala and Honduras back on their feet and build their society back up.

It is heartbreaking that natural disasters have such a traumatic effect on people and their societies in general.  There is nothing to prevent or stop such a thing but with the hope that no lives are lost.  We must help those that have lost and help them on their journey to rebuild the community they once had.

What part can you do to help those in need?