red heart and man hanging drawing

My Tio Tavo                                                 

Someone in my family that passed away was my uncle who died last month. He was a kind, funny, sweet, lovely person who will be missed by many of his people he knew; not just his family, but friends and strangers as well from his area where he grew up. He was a person who was always in a wheelchair. He had a mindset like a kid. He was in his 50’s when he died. But he was always someone to joke around with since he knew so many things. He loved hats, cars, shoes, as well as teddy bears so every time we went to the Dominican Republic we brought him his favorite items. He always got happy about it. 

He appreciated his life even in a wheelchair. He was always happy and he was born that way, since birth. They had to cut off both of his legs when he was super young but he just kept going on with his life until he took his last breath. No matter what, even if he was in a wheelchair, he still loved what he was doing.

But I am sad he is gone and still don’t believe he died because before I left to come back to New York City he was fine. The last time I saw him was in September and he was gone in October which is crazy to me but I know he is with his mother up there in heaven, walking around with her and laughing, smiling, partying up there with Jesus. 

3 1 vote
Perla Hernandez(@perlaochs)
January 12, 2022 4:23 am

Dear Cristin,

I´m downhearted by your post, MY WONDERFUL TIO/UNCLE because of the way you expressed your feels about someone special to you and I can totally relate to you because I lost someone special to me and I can express my feels.

one sentence you wrote that really got my attention was, ¨ passed away was my uncle who died last month. He was a kind, funny, sweet, lovely person who will be missed by many of the people he knew¨, this just really touched my heart from all the sweet stuff you can say about uncle.

Thank you so much for writing I would love to hear more about your writing.

Ana
Ana(@anaochs)
January 11, 2022 4:50 pm

Dear Cristin:
I am sorrowful by your post, “MY WONDERFUL TIO/UNCLE”, because the way you describe your tio and the way he appreciated life regardless of his situation is awesome and it can be inspiring to many people that are in a similar situation.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is: “He appreciated his life even in a wheelchair. He was always happy and he was born that way, since birth. They had to cut off both of his legs when he was super young but he just kept going on with his life until he took his last breath. No matter what, even if he was in a wheelchair, he still loved what he was doing”. I think this is very inspiring because sometimes people that have had it easier than your tio don’t appreciate what they have. Your tio was appreciative for life regardless of the circumstances.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I want you to keep on remembering your tio for the amazing person that he was. May he rest in peace.

4
0
()