red heart and man hanging drawing

My Tio Tavo                                                 

Someone in my family that passed away was my uncle who died last month. He was a kind, funny, sweet, lovely person who will be missed by many of his people he knew; not just his family, but friends and strangers as well from his area where he grew up. He was a person who was always in a wheelchair. He had a mindset like a kid. He was in his 50’s when he died. But he was always someone to joke around with since he knew so many things. He loved hats, cars, shoes, as well as teddy bears so every time we went to the Dominican Republic we brought him his favorite items. He always got happy about it. 

He appreciated his life even in a wheelchair. He was always happy and he was born that way, since birth. They had to cut off both of his legs when he was super young but he just kept going on with his life until he took his last breath. No matter what, even if he was in a wheelchair, he still loved what he was doing.

But I am sad he is gone and still don’t believe he died because before I left to come back to New York City he was fine. The last time I saw him was in September and he was gone in October which is crazy to me but I know he is with his mother up there in heaven, walking around with her and laughing, smiling, partying up there with Jesus. 

3 1 vote
February 12, 2022 3:00 am

Dear Cristin,

I am truly saddened by your post, My Wonderful Tio/ Uncle because I understand that experiencing a loss can completely shift the trajectory of one’s life. I too have lost loved ones so reading your post really hit home. I admire that you are able to put that grieve and hurt into a beautifully written post for hundreds to see. Your tio would be proud of you, truly.

One sentence you wrote that stood out was, ¨No matter what, even if he was in a wheelchair, he still loved what he was doing¨. Whenever someone passes away, their positivity and light are something that will stick with us forever.

I can’t erase your pain but I do pray that you find peace and contentment. Allow yourself to go through the grieving process and take the time you need to heal. Your tio will continue to watch you develop into an amazing person.

I look forward to your future posts!

Ashley

February 10, 2022 9:52 pm

Dear Cristin,

I am devasted by your post, My wonder Tio/uncle because I also have lost a family member who was very important to me as well. I really loved the way you explained how he was because it makes me appreciate my life more, it is also good that you are sharing his story.

One sentence that you wrote that stood out to me is, he was always happy, and he was born that way since birth, this stood out to me because I find joy in knowing others lived a happy life despite their circumstances. It also warmed my heart that you knew he was a happy person and it was not overlooked.

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to hearing more about your life. I would like you to continue cherishing moments like these.

February 1, 2022 4:58 am

Dear Cristin:

I am touched by your post, “MY WONDERFUL TIO/UNCLE,” because I found it interesting how you were able to explain the importance and impact that your uncle had in your life along with how he will be missed by those around him. I really enjoyed how you explained his attitude and what he enjoyed most while always keeping a positive mindset.

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me is: “He appreciated his life even in a wheelchair. He was always happy and he was born that way, since birth. They had to cut off both of his legs when he was super young but he just kept going on with his life until he took his last breath. No matter what, even if he was in a wheelchair, he still loved what he was doing.” I think this is awesome because it demonstrates how even if someone is born with a disability they could always live life gratefully and with enjoyment with the ones they love the most. Apart from that, I liked how he was a loving person and full of joy which is something that will never be forgotten.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to reading what you write next because I enjoyed the way you described your life with us. I would like you to continue telling me more about others who have influenced you into who you are today.

Alexis

January 31, 2022 7:18 am

Dear Cristin:

I am heartbroken by your post, “MY WONDERFUL TIO/UNCLE,” because it is very sad to know that a person you love very much is no longer with you. I am very sorry for your loss because he was a person who looked like he was very special to you.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “They had to cut off both of his legs when he was super young but he just kept going on with his life until he took his last breath.” I think this is sad and impressive because it’s something that a lot of people would feel bad about and maybe get depressed about something like that. But the truth is that I am very happy to hear that he got ahead and he was very happy.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it was very interesting for me to know about someone who was very important in your life and is no longer important, but you continue to honor that person. My deepest condolences.

Samantha

January 27, 2022 8:37 pm

Dear Cristina,

I am moved by your post, “MY WONDERFUL TIO/UNCLE,” because it is amazing how you tell about your uncle. I love that you can share how happy he was even though he was in a wheelchair and how much he appreciated his life.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I appreciated his life from him even in a wheelchair”. I think this is inspiring because I believe that many people who are perfectly well physically often do not accept themselves as they are. However, your uncle was a great inspiration and a great example to follow.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I would like you to share more moments about your uncle’s life since he knows that he can be a great example for many. Really for me this little anecdote left me speechless and left me with another mentality about my life. It taught me to value more what I have and to be more grateful, I hope to get an answer very soon.

Jenifer

January 12, 2022 4:23 am

Dear Cristin,

I´m downhearted by your post, MY WONDERFUL TIO/UNCLE because of the way you expressed your feels about someone special to you and I can totally relate to you because I lost someone special to me and I can express my feels.

one sentence you wrote that really got my attention was, ¨ passed away was my uncle who died last month. He was a kind, funny, sweet, lovely person who will be missed by many of the people he knew¨, this just really touched my heart from all the sweet stuff you can say about uncle.

Thank you so much for writing I would love to hear more about your writing.

Ana
Ana
January 11, 2022 4:50 pm

Dear Cristin:
I am sorrowful by your post, “MY WONDERFUL TIO/UNCLE”, because the way you describe your tio and the way he appreciated life regardless of his situation is awesome and it can be inspiring to many people that are in a similar situation.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is: “He appreciated his life even in a wheelchair. He was always happy and he was born that way, since birth. They had to cut off both of his legs when he was super young but he just kept going on with his life until he took his last breath. No matter what, even if he was in a wheelchair, he still loved what he was doing”. I think this is very inspiring because sometimes people that have had it easier than your tio don’t appreciate what they have. Your tio was appreciative for life regardless of the circumstances.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I want you to keep on remembering your tio for the amazing person that he was. May he rest in peace.

9
0
()