This shadow box represents many things. Some of the things it represents is my ethnicity. It also represents one of my chosen identities which is being a soccer player. My shadow box also show some dominant narratives when people talk bad things about my ethnicity also when people talk bad things about me telling me “I won’t be successful”.  I choose to put soccer related things because I play soccer and I love soccer so much and because it’s a part of my life. Also I decided to add the Salvadorian flag because that’s my ethnicity and because I’m not ashamed of being half Salvadorian. In my shadow box I put some motivational quotes because when I am feeling sad or down I look at motivational quotes because the quotes I find make me feel motivated and they cheer me up. So in my shadow box the quotes that you see are the ones I like the most. I like when people make dominant narratives about me because it motivates me to show them my counter narratives because I love proving people wrong.

Ava
Ava
April 15, 2019 1:23 am

Hi Bryan!
My name is Ava and I am a second year student at San Jose State University. First, I wanted to say how inspirational your Shadow box is! I love the use of the quotes—the fact that you use them to motivate yourself when you feel down is great. I think everyone needs a way to pick themselves back up during a hard time. By reading your description, you seem like a very determined and hard-working person. Those traits probably make you a great soccer player, too! Is your goal to become a professional soccer player?

Great job on your Shadowbox, I really enjoyed reading a little bit about you! (-:
Ava #SJSU

Adrian
October 30, 2018 1:57 am

Dear Bryan,

I like your shadow box and it looks amazing! I also was a soccer player but stopped it was a part of my life.My favorite part of your shadow box is the food picture on the right of your shadow box. I also like a lot of Mexican food and I also like the motivational quotes because they really stand out in the shadow box, they show a lot of importance to you and how you would look at life.

Jai'kari

I like how you presented your shadow box. The way that you represented yourself was really detailed also I like the way you represented your life.

Kimberly

Dear bryan,

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “ In my shadow box I put some motivational quotes because when I am feeling sad or down I look at motivational quotes because the quotes I find make me feel motivated and they cheer me up.” I think this is cool because I can see that you really love motivational quotes. I can also see they really mean alot to you and makes you feel special.

James

Bryan,

I really like your shadow box! I too play soccer and know how it is a big part of your life. I like the medal and other soccer related items but I also really like the quote you added in the bottom corner about persevering through difficult life situations. The attitude of instead of “Why me” but “Try me” is smart and I will remember that next time life throws me a curve ball. Thanks for your input and good luck to Barca in Champions league!

5
0
()