My Shadow Box

Fernando Gonzalez

This shadow box represents me because the it shows all things that I care about and the pictures that are in my box which are my grandma, favorite boxer, favorite place to go in Mexico, and Mexican flags. They are all my favorite things and they mean a lot to me so that’s why I really care about them. The first picture I will be talking about is my grandma because she is a very important person to me and she really means alot to me and I don’t know what I will do without her. Then for my next picture which is my favorite boxer and his name is Canelo and he is a really good boxer and I love boxing and I started boxing because of him because I know that I could do it. A dominant narrative about boxers is that we are aggressive, but I am really nice and kind and close with my family. That is a counter narrative. Mexico is one of my favorite place to be when I need a vacation because Mexico is a very peaceful place to be. One of my pictures was a Mexican flag and I used that picture because I love being who I’m and being Mexican is the best. Latino is my race and Mexican is my ethnicity. The reason why I told you about all these pictures it’s because these mean a lot about me and I really care about these people and places. Thank you so much for looking at box.

Latrell
September 12, 2018 6:29 pm

i like how you did your box

Latrell Thomas
Reply to  Latrell
September 21, 2018 8:58 pm

I like how you did the background color and how it represents you and where your from.

Zach

I really like some of the objects that you put into your box, Fernando, especially your small tribute to your grandmother. My grandma was someone that meant a lot to me as well, until she died at the age of 99 a couple of months ago. I’m happy that you show her how much she means to you, because I feel like I didn’t tell mine often enough. I also like how you included some of your heritage in your box, because I believe that where you come from always affects the values that you live by and the life that you live. I will look forward to your next post.

Taleb

I love how you created a box to express all the people and things you love. You did a really great job. It is very aspiring to see the creativity someone has all place together. It shows that you have a lot of pride for who you are and a lot of confidence for sharing it with a lot of people.

AJ Miranda

Fernando,
The concept of this whole shadow box thing is a very cool idea. I appreciate you sharing this with us and I may have to propose this idea to my class. Thank you.

6
0
()