Clifton introduces the poem with a headline: “Woman cuts off husband’s penis, later throws it from car window. —News Report”. Before we can even read the poem, we have questions. How is a woman going to do that to her husband, and why would she cut that specific part?

This poem raises a big question about life for me, which is, How do people perceive you? What is their perspective on you? The poem answers this question. I say this because in the top where it says news report it said “Woman cuts off husband’s penis, later throws it from car window. —News Report” this showed me a different perspective, showing me a woman’s perspective of what they would do, or like in her case, what she did. Just from this poem, my ideas have changed. For example, now I see what some people would do, I’m just curious about what was the reason she did it.

0
()