I wake up at 7 am on Monday to a chilling breeze in my room like any other morning in Oakland in January, I do so quietly, so my wife does not wake up yet. I am drinking my coffee with some bread, and I start receiving calls from my customers about problems that they are having with their cars, just like that, I have work for the day and later this week. I get my phone and keys and wish my family good luck in their day. I get to my shop at 7:45 to open up, my workers start getting there before 8, and we say the casual good morning. We begin to work on a car that we had the day before and in a matter of minutes customers start to come. Time passes on and then it turns one, so we finish what we were doing and go to eat. I leave the shop open, so I don’t have to close up every time and leave one of my workers in charge while I go home for lunch. I get home and my wife has my meal ready, I eat and am on my way back to work, we finish up the day around 7, I go home and see my family, we all eat, and I just relax and watch tv for a while. Before I go to sleep, I start thinking about how lucky I am that I learned what I did from my dad and that he passed on his tools to me so it made it, so much easier for me to make a living.

0
()