My name is Isiah. Something important to know about me is I like to play basketball and my family members are Puerto Rican but I was born in Brooklyn. My favorite subject in school is the gym. In my family, we speak Spanish and we eat rice and beans. I am Puerto Rican and hear Spanish songs. I lived in Brooklyn my entire life. Something that happened to me that was a turning point was when my baby brother was born on April 10, 2020, the day of the pandemic.

My strength is playing basketball, and playing video games, and I am good at listening. My work in progress when is working on a flip grid video. My achievement is moving on to 10th grade. My goal is to try to go outside more.

One of my family members is my baby brother because he is most precious to me. We play hide and seek together and I make him laugh. Something lucky I have in my life is my baby brother.

Dominick M
September 26, 2022 4:56 pm

Dear Isiah 

I’m interested about your post, especially in your introduction because I like how yous say that “ I like to play basketball” and that your favorite subject is gym I would like if you could elaborate on what do you do in gym like the type of activities you do, of course that’s if you want to. Another thing that seemed interesting to me was you saying “a turning point was when my baby brother was born on April 10, 2020, the day of the pandemic”, I would like to know more about what you felt the moment you saw your baby brother and did you carry him.

One thing I learned about from your writing is that you said “ I am good at listening”. I believe that having a skill like this is important because that means that people can come to you whenever they are feeling down or having trouble with something in their life. I am a good listener myself so I understand what others feel when they come to talk to me.  

Your writing connects to my own experience, when my baby sister was born, I was happy and excited because my family got a bit bigger and that meant that I was going to have to do a better job at being a big brother and taking on a lot of responsibility to take care of her. 

Thanks for your work on Youth Voices. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I liked your post and I would like to see more of your writing in the near future. 

1
0
()