Hi, I’m Hammam Essa and I’m 14 years old. Something important to know about me is that I was born in Taiz,Yemen and I immigrated from Yemen to Djibouti because of the war that broke out in Yemen.  I stayed there for over a year and it was very hot there then I moved to the U.S.A. My family and I are Muslim. We used a boat to get to Djibouti. It was the worst trip ever because when the boat started to move one of the engines broke down and we were tilting left and right and everyone on the boat started to throw up, especially the women.The women had their own section it smelled so bad.

Three strengths that I have are helping out when needed like helping my mother around the house, getting groceries, and helping my dad at work. The store is in east New York and I help him by making orders and fixing things. I’m good at many different video games and I like playing with friends and family. I’m good at riding my bike. I say this because I have fast reflexes and I ride my bike to school and then from school to work and then from work to my house. A work in progress is me. I say this because I’m still growing and working and learning new things. My greatest achievement is graduating from middle school. I say this because the biggest challenge was passing all my classes and my next big goal is you might think it’s going to be graduating high school but no that’s going to be wrong it’s going to be being a pilot in the future. I want to be a pilot because I want to see the world from above and see many different places. 

The most important thing in my life is my parents. I say this because they’ve helped me out when I was in need and they are the people that have been taking care of me for my whole life and if it wasn’t for them I would not be here in America. They helped me out when I was at my lowest like that one time I failed my final exam. They told me that next time I would pass it and told me to never give up and always try again and do my best. Whenever I achieve something big they would give me a present such as when I graduated middle school they gave me a PS5 and when I graduated Arabic school they gave me a new headset and new games. That’s why I always try really hard on achieving my goals and my desires. So I’m very lucky to have them in my life.

0
()