The reason for my being here has always been quite clear

My body can create. It creates friendship and cheer,

Trust me when I say I always try to make people happy

I just really can’t stand being all sappy, 

I try my best to understand other people’s emotions,

But they are deeper than the ocean

And I can’t swim so I guess I’m just going out on a limb,

I think stereotypes just aren’t right

Like just because I’m a teen doesn’t make me naive

I have the might to create a story where the underdogs win the fight

But because of how I look I’m expected to give in to vanity or just be written off as insanity

What is up with humanity I wonder, Must I continue to always feel this sonder 

5 1 vote
September 24, 2021 7:23 pm

I really enjoyed your poem, the mix of your opinions and facts really made the poem powerful. I really like the line “my body can create. It creates friendship and cheer” and it really makes me think theres more to life than just making a family getting old and dying but emjoying the road there.

September 24, 2021 5:42 pm

I liked in your poem how it entails the idea that our bodies can create and we can choose to make relationships with them or choose to go on the path we wish to direct our lives. I like your idea behind the poem, in a few places the flow was a bit off and wordy which made it difficult to read, but I thought it was a great poem with good ideas behind it.

September 24, 2021 5:30 pm

Hello Sianni!
I love the way your poem describes the fact that our bodies “can create.” Whether it be giving birth to children or making friends, our bodies enable us to live fulfilling lives. I like the emphasis that you put our emotions and how everyone’s emotions can carry a different depth from person to person. Knowing what another person is feeling is very strange becasue we all perceive our emotions differently. What could be devastating to one person might just be disappointing to another. This poem made me think and I thank you for that!

3
0
()