I am the ferry. I go to Manhattan because it is my job everyday, because I have to take people to work on time.  I am beautiful because people feel comfortable and satisfied because they arrive faster than the train. Watching the landscape, the sunset, sky, I think I am the happiest ferry that exists because the people on board feel good and they arrive safely at their destination. When it rains, people cannot enjoy the beauty of nature.  I am a means of transport so that people arrive on time to their jobs every day. The rocks are like my protectors and my security because they tell me where I have to go.

Rocks by the river

stones water skies bridges airplanes nature in one place
is all I need to meditate I look at the sky and I start to meditate 
I start thinking about my future 
ask God for another day of life and take care 
of those who are no longer with me
they are in the sky birds I think the stars are them 
and they left a deep pain in my heart this place 
is not only a park but for me it means peace and tranquility
where I feel myself I forget the problems for a while

Albara N
December 8, 2021 6:08 pm

I am so inspired by your story. I have so much respect for you for going after your goals, and making the sacrifices that you have had to make. Thank you for sharing this.Your writing connects to my own experience because I also like to see the sky and the sunset. Thanks for your work on Youth Voices. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your writing brought me joy.
0

Reply

Isiah G
November 24, 2021 6:30 pm

DearJoshua,
I am intrigued by your introduction because you write from the perspective of a ferry.
One thing I learned from your writing that stood out for me is: “I have to take people to work on time.” I think this is important because that’s their job. 
Your writing connects to my own experience. For me, because i have to go to school in time 
Thanks for your work on Youth Voices. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I like how you give details in your poetry. 

Estrella R
October 27, 2021 2:27 am

Dear Joshua, interested in your introduction because you said that you were a ferry who takes people to work.
One thing I learned from your writing that stood out to me is ” I am beautiful because people feel comfortable and satisfied because they arrive faster than the train. ” I think this is interesting, because it is cool to express yourself as a ferry to tell us how you enjoy being one.
Your writing connects to my own experience because I also like to see the sky and the sunset. Thanks for your work on Youth Voices. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your writing brought me joy.

Pa Houa
July 8, 2020 11:52 pm

I love how you used creative writing to describe your photo. It is a wonderful tactic to used and obvious it works really well with your photo. I agree that it is a beautiful neighborhood. I can’t imagine waking up to and sleeping to that view every day/night!

Edwin
November 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Dear Joshua,

I really like how u express your point of view in this writing.

I like u put urself in the place of the ferry as if the ferry was writing.

I like that u took the picture in the night that makes the photo deeper.

Oscar

Mi bro metiendo mano Honduras en la casa papà???

Samil

i like you poem

HI Joshua,

I love your poem about the ferry and the river!

Renée

8
0
()