We are in the midst of a national pandemic. Hundreds of lives lost every day, families are being torn apart, special moments taken away. At the beginning of senior year, my theology teacher gave us a questionnaire that focused on the events of our life that would take place throughout and after high school. I remember the first question on the sheet: “What are you most excited for this year,” and my answer being ‘graduation!’

Who would’ve thought we’d be in this predicament. Personally, graduation was supposed to be my final hooray before I stepped foot into adulthood, a time to commemorate the friends I’ve made and the struggles it took to get through not only my four years at Judge but the ten years of schooling before that. A time to say “I made it” as I sat next to my classmates and walked across the stage to receive my diploma. Not parading through the streets in my car to do so.

But at the end of the day, graduation the way I expected it or not, I did make it. We all made it, go us!

May 18, 2020 10:12 pm

Ronata! The ideal graduation is filled with tears, hoorays, and goodbyes. But this one year is unique its one of a kind. Lucky or not we are apart of history, we were the 2020 graduates who the suffered with this pandemic. But instead of focusing on “aww poor us” we are part of history. And we are ready for the next chapter in our lives.

May 18, 2020 5:46 pm

I like the message in this article. We may not get our traditional graduation celebration. But that doesn’t take away from any of our accomplishments. We still graduate we still made it. Not having graduation can put a damper on everything and we may not be inclined to celebrate, but we should because we deserve it.

2
0
()