Youth Voices
Youth Voices
Mommy and Student at the Same Time
/

Hi my name is Lizeth. I am at school right now and my goal is to graduate, but it is not that easy having two kids. I was born in Mexico. I have two important things that have happened to me. They were when I became a mom for the first time and most recently I had my second son. Currently, I live in Austin.

I like to get my credits done fast, so I can graduate. Luckily at my school classes are on a computer and get to do them fast. I think i’m good at math more than other subjects. I enjoy when I get a class credit done. I think that I am good at being a mom and  I got good at this from having kids.

I know at least one person who is close to me that has dropped out of high school because they were not able to finish. I don’t know the reasons why but I think maybe it is because she did not have enough support from her parents, or maybe it was because she had a baby and did not have anybody to take care of her child. I don’t know her reasons why she dropped out, but I don’t blame her. It is not that easy to be a student and be a mother at the same time. It is a challenge that all pregnant teenagers go through. They have to decide between their kids or to study, or you could try to graduate like I am working hard to finish.

Shauneice Orr
Shauneice Orr
May 10, 2019 5:20 pm

It’s not always easy having 2 kids and trying to finish school but as longs as you believe in yourself and you want to finish then you will because people will always have some negative to say about you.No matter what you do even if you finish school or not that’s why you keep pushing and going hard for yourself and your 2 kids because nothing or nobody else opinion matters .

1
0
()