Cashmir
April 5, 2024 3:34 pm

Lovely cover art Breanna. I love the fact you were able to put yourself in the text and show the context of how certain real life aspects relate to the text. You bring up racial problems we may have in which innocent people are shot for having hairbrushes mistaken as guns. I love the fact you bought up real life situations and a real life case in which a young man was shot.

Jalia
April 5, 2024 4:07 am

This is really good, I like how well you were able to not only put yourself into the character’s mindset but advocate like she would. This not only is realistic commentary for a trial but also is accurate to Starr’s character. If anything this makes me interested to see how the rest of the trial goes.

Aaron
April 5, 2024 3:54 am

Breanna, I really like how you put yourself into a first person perspective from the story. What makes you feel a connection to the character and yourself? I would like to see a longer statement to see if this can be stronger.

Jacey
April 5, 2024 3:09 am

As your statement is a different individual who was at the trial, I was drawn to the post. You do an excellent job of painting a picture of the tragic night. I was easily able to imagine the scene as well as strong emotions Starr must have felt in Khalil’s final moments. You mention Khalil is not the first friend you have lost, have you lost other friends to this type of injustice?

Jordan
April 4, 2024 11:44 pm

Breanna, you did a great job at encompassing a sense of hurt and professionalism in this essay from the perspective of Starr. When I watched the movie I couldn’t help but feel so distraught and upset about the death of Kahlil as well, so I believe that the feeling that you put into this writing is something that Star would also feel as she would have to make a statement in court. What ultimately drew me to this article was the picture and heading. You could almost feel the uneasiness from the girl in the photo and those goes hand in hand perfectly with the Mock Trial headline!

Rashad
April 4, 2024 7:18 pm

This is a very thought provoking essay. Your use of speaking through the fictional character was very refreshing. Who do you think your favorite fictional character is?

Akina
April 4, 2024 3:37 pm

This is super interesting! Your interpretation and analysis of Starr Carter are strong and truly shine in your writing. I think you encapsulated her character very well. One suggestion I have is to make your title a little bit more engaging so that people are motivated to click on it. I was drawn to your article by your cover photo because it is a very good photo.

7
0
()