I am from 
A place where my house is full of mixed emotions
and playing games all the time,
where we always do stupid things
I am from
A place where my mother and father are not the same race
and I'm a mixed child, and two different cultures
Mexico and Ecuador
I am from
A place where my sister is always judging me
and always complaining about what i am doing,
or how I am doing things
Where are you from?        

Julissa
March 26, 2019 8:36 pm

This is really nicely done. I liked how you stated that there are always perhaps two different feelings or emotions in your house. I would honestly love a longer poem. You stated that you are a mixed child specifically because you have the cultures of Mexico and Ecuador in you. What would be beautiful and awesome to see would be to compare and contrast the cultures of each. Yes they may have some similar aspects, but there are probably many different things that is unique to each cuture.

Miriam
March 26, 2019 7:34 pm

This poem is really interesting. I like how it provides almost two perspectives by showing that the speaker is coming from two different places. However, I can’t tell if it is trying to show that in a positive or negative light. What does this poem mean to you? Like is your thought about it positive, negative, or a little of both?

Abby
March 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Kevin,
This poem is really impressive! I’m so glad that you decided to share this aspect about you and your life and would love to learn more.

3
0
()