During the pandemic and school year it is hard for most students to stay physically active consistently. Once lockdown started we couldn’t go out and exercise all the time, and even now with the rising cases it’s hard to want to go anywhere, but staying active has its benefits. After exercising you’ll feel happier, relaxed, and you’ll sleep better. The best part is you can do simple exercises at home that have the same end result. After a little research here’s some things that I’ve found that you could do to stay active. 

After reading the first article I learned that staying active is not only good for your physical health, but also your mental health. It will pull your attention away from whatever you were stressed about which will give your mind a break and prevent you from being overwhelmed and add to your productivity. One thing I’ve personally noticed is that even just sitting outside to change scenery has improved my productivity and stress levels. Also it’s great to just play with pets too. 

After reading the second article I learned that staying active in quarantine isn’t as hard as it seems, there’s no need for equipment or massive spaces. With a few fitness apps it’s pretty easy to do body weight workouts for beginners. The results from at home workouts on your mental health will be almost immediately beneficial, it also is something you could do during a thirty minute break just to get away from your screen. 

1. Manuel 2 weeks ago

Dear Seth
    I am glad to find your post, “Miss working out? Follow these “ten” steps.” because of the examples, you used about mental and physical health.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, “It will pull your attention away from whatever you were stressed about which will give your mind a break and prevent you from being overwhelmed and add to your productivity.” I think this is very accurate and true because this is the main reason why I workout. School and the world could be very brutal and when I work out it helps me release my stress and I use that as fuel, it also helps me get my mind right and helps me set goals for the next day. Working out relieves stress and makes you feel mentally and physically great about yourself and keeps you on the right track.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you might give us other activities or tips on what we could do during a pandemic
    -Manuel Cruz

2. Ella 3 weeks ago

This post was cool to read because I enjoy working out but it has definitely become harder to do during the pandemic. I like how it gave suggestions on things you can do to improve. It also highlights the benefits of working out which are very important.

3. Diego 1 month ago

It was fun reading this because it gave pointers and gave us your about how you missed working out and figured out ways to work out even in the global situations we are in. No big issues besides just talk more about the why not the how.

4. Alvaro 1 month ago

Great post Seth! I too have faced the challenge of staying fit during the pandemic. It’s so easy to jump on my bed, but so difficult walking outside to do pushups. I didn’t know exercise had so many benefits, definitely gives me a good reason to start again since I’ve been feeling kind of stressed with school. I’ll take your advice and start small, just a walk outside.

-Alvaro C.