silver and gold round coins in box

In the article “YOU DECIDE: Raising the Minimum Wage” (Mcgraw Hill) I learned that Minimum wage is a topic that many argue over. At the moment minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. With this being the minimum it makes it difficult for people to survive. Raising the minimum wage may also have a negative impact on the economy . Do you believe that the US congress and Biden raising the minimum wage is a good idea? There are 2 sides to this question ; yes and no. The reason that some say yes is because it is the right thing to do because some studies show that raising minimum wage now would lift around 900,000 americans from poverty . Another reason people say yes is because depending on where we live the minimum wage can be a huge difference and make everything more affordable for everyone. Now some reasons that people say no is because there are studies that show that the raise of minimum wage can lead to 1.4 million americans losing their jobs. Another reason that some people may say no is because they do not see that it is necessary.

0
What do you think? Should minimum wage be raised?x

I believe that raising minimum wage will not really make a huge difference because it will just make everything more complicated with prices going up on goods that we need. It will also make everything more difficult for the people that are already making minimum wage . So no I don’t not think raising minimum wage is necessary.

Natalia
September 17, 2021 5:28 pm

Hi Jonathan,
Really nice post, minimum wage has always been an issue especially in California.

1
0
()