I appreciate the way this book makes you imagine things. If there are multiple ways of seeing something and making others see it too just by your wordplay more and more people will be attracted to it, and listen. 

In my opinion that is the best way of creating stories/scenes, your personal experience can be something people are used to everyday.  

My favorite poem from this book is 

“You tell me to quiet down cause my opinions make me less beautiful but I was not made with a fire in my belly so I could be put out I was not made with a lightness in my tongue so I could be easy to swallow I was made heavy half blade and half silk difficult to forget but not easy for the mind to follow.”

After reading this it gives me a certain persuasion and understanding because only you can control what you believe is right. If you give others power to see it for you, is it them talking or is it you. Is their definition of life what you want to believe in. 

Is it something YOU wanna stand for?

I like This poem mostly because it provides you with a whole bunch of questions on the person you truly are. It makes you think twice about the things you might let slide. And make you want to take a stand for. 

I noticed this poem mostly because of the word choice and the ending line “I was made heavy half blade and half silk difficult to forget but not easy for the mind to follow”. I can’t necessarily explain why, it just flows with the wording and brings it all together. 

0
()