Dogs are traditionally wired into an alpha animal. They are natural born leaders. Therefore, humans own them. They cannot have the tendencies that they would in the wild. This connects dogs to a brain similar to a human child. They can sense positivity and negative feelings, emotions, and aggressiveness. Dogs are also good for mental health. They contribute happiness, reduce stress, anxiety, depression, and ease loneliness. This also goes to military working dogs. But in addition they are trained for 7 months in basic skills. They learn commands such as sit, down, stay; then further training. This brings me to the book The Once and Future King.

In connection, soldiers are like dogs. They are mentally wired to follow commands, do what they are told, and put others before themselves. This connection is symbolized as bravery. Bravery towards those who need them. They both are trained for this type of setting of events and do as they are told. Much rather looking at it as a maturity level, dogs and soldiers are focused. They are set on a task to complete and that they do.

I think Lancelot’s soldiers and dogs have a great connection to each other. Not just army dogs, but regular dogs too. They all have that sense of command, strength, and leadership for themselves to continue on this journey to achieve their goals. All these characteristics lead me to think that soldiers and dogs are alphas in life and not everyone can do what they accomplish.

0
()