https://bright-r.com.au/why-the-next-generation-of-rockets-will-be-powered-by-methane/

This article speaks about the transition to the use of methane natural gas as a main fuel for rockets in the future. There are many benefits to using methane as a rocket fuel, such as more efficiency, cheaper costs, and reduced carbon footprint. US rocket builder Jake Teufert states, “When you factor in the increased efficiency, the performance benefit (from methane) is more like 20 percent over kerosene.” It also mentions that these factors along with the recent advancement of reusable rockets will make aerospace testing and research much cheaper.

These developments in the efficiency and sustainability of rocket launches will make space missions more achievable and sustainable in the future. Although space companies like NASA and SpaceX have had to transition to methane-based engines and systems, the use of methane natural gas as fuel for rockets significantly reduces the cost of these missions and opens up the possibilities for space exploration in the near future. Collectively, the recent breakthroughs in space technology have made space research cheaper, less harmful to the ozone layer, and more efficient.

0
()