I am Diego. Something important to know about me is that I love to play soccer. I am funny and I am a chill person. My family is from Guatemala. I was born in New York in Sunset Park.  Sunset Park is a chill place and sometimes it could be loud. The school that  I went to was in Park Slope. I was in an online school and it felt different. Something important that happened to me was when I went to Guatemala and they surprised me because it was my first time they had fireworks and they made food and we just started to talk with the family.

One thing I like to do in school is to play sports. I am good at Gym because it is my favorite class to have. I enjoy hanging out with my friends or playing video games with my friends. I am good at playing soccer. It is one of my favorite sports to play. I got good at it by practicing and also playing with my cousin. One of my struggles is math because I am not good at math. Also, it is not my favorite subject.

I am lucky to have my whole family because they help me a lot and they also are there when I need them too. My family helps me with homework sometimes when I am struggling.

Kerly D

Dear Diego,

I am Kerly, and I am satisfied with your introduction because you said “ I am funny and I am a chill person.” Also how you said “I was in an online school and it felt different.”
One thing I learned from your writing that caught my attention is that when you said “I was in an online school and I felt different”, I think this is very interesting as online school was very difficult for many people (including myself), although other people liked the online classes because they finished earlier than if we were in face-to-face classes.

For me, your writing connects to my own experience because my family always supports me in everything and that feels very nice, even though I have a part of my family in another country, they always support me in everything.

Thanks for your work on Youth Voices. I look forward to seeing what you write next because the way you express yourself when writing shows the love you have when talking about your life and transmits a lot. I liked hearing about your life and your family, I really liked it.

Dominick M
October 15, 2021 3:11 am

Name: Dominick Martinez

Dear Diego,
I am satisfied with your introduction because of the way you said “ I am funny and I am a chill person.” Also how you said “ Sunset park is a chill place and sometimes it could be loud.”
One thing I learned from your writing that stood out for me is: when he said” I was in an online school and it felt different” I think this is interesting because a lot of people did not like online school but there were people who did because the classes would end early. I didn’t like the online school because it felt like I didn’t learn a lot.
Your writing connects to my own experience. For me, my family is always there for me. I know how it feels for them being by your side. They always care for me and my siblings.
Thanks for your work on Youth Voices. I look forward to seeing what you write next because the way you say things shows that you have passion for talking about your life and your family, it really hit me.

2
0
()