Meditation is something I can stick to. Something I need in order for to calm myself. I think I will find it enjoyable because it is simple. I can have my own mantra (repeat a word many times), breath and take it all in. It will stop the cortisol that is constantly being produced in the brain (which can lead to heart disease, high blood pressure and fatigue) when one has chronic stress. This will help my blood pressure go down and better my mood.

Meditation is something that needs time. Something I can do by waking up early before school. I would sit peacefully, think of nothing, and prepare myself for the new day. This way throughout the day I will have a clearer  mindset. Other times, I sleep late and could fit it in in order to be able to sleep early instead of being on my phone up until 1 am. It will clear everything I am thinking, see things in a new way and solve what I am stressing about by taking it step by step.

In the “Meditation: A simple, fast way to reduce stress” by Mayo Clinic Staff lists, “Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations, building skills to manage your stress, increasing self-awareness, focusing on the present, reducing negative emotions, increasing imagination and creativity, increasing patience and tolerance.” All of these aid someone who stressed and the list could possibly go on. It is used to help people going through cancer, heart disease and depression. Knowing the benefits of meditation, not only will it make my life and others healthy, but stress free.

Tommy LEE Jones
Tommy LEE Jones
May 6, 2017 2:51 pm

yeah I agree 100%, god bless have a nice day

Pavan
May 6, 2017 2:15 pm

Hello,
This is very interesting. I honestly never really thought that meditation worked, or it was something that my mom would do because it was “eastern”. I might have to give that book a read to see what it was all about.

2
0
()