My life at this point is a quote that is “kill or get killed.” I joined the army right after high school. I planned to join for only four years, but after a contract, I sign another. I’ve been through a lot, seen a lot, and done a lot. What I mean by that is in the war zone it’s no game you’ll say your ready, but you never know. For example, If they shoot you shoot. You can’t hesitate, if you’re scared, you get killed if, you don’t know what you’re doing you get killed it’s no joke. When you’re out there, your whole mind has to be focused if, you want live. All my life I was thinking about joining the army not knowing what I will go through. The first time I was in the war zone I was scared but focused. I got shot in my left shoulder by a sniper. When that bullet hit me, I felt like I was going to die. But, got lucky I didn’t die because one of my squad members came and got me. Then started calling for backup and started to take out the sniper. That’s why at this point in my life it’s a quote “kill or get killed.”

Eduardo
February 5, 2018 11:30 pm

Dear John :
I am encouraged by your post, “Kill Or Get Killed”, because you talk about being in a deadly scenario and how you could’ve died but one of your squad members helped you. In addition, you talk about how you have to focus on if you want to accomplish something. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “When you’re out there, your whole mind has to be focused if, you want live.” I think this is very important message because it’s a message that you can interpret in helpful ways. This is stood out to me because to do something you must be able to put your mind to it and only focus on that.
Another sentence that I fascinated was: “ You can’t hesitate, if you’re scared, you get killed if, you don’t know what you’re doing you get killed it’s no joke.” This stood out for me because life is harsh and you must learn or adapt to something if you want to survive in the real world.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because what you wrote about was interesting and real. Like you talked about an experience that had a real message a deep meaning and I find this to be useful. To take your experience and your message and put it to use.

1
0
()