Martin

Brave, Confident, Bold

Dad of Bernice, Dexter, Yolanda, and MLK III,

Son of MLK Sr. and Alberta Williams

Freedom for all, 

Happiness, inequality

Luther

No change, Violence

Led the Montgomery Bus Boycott,

first president of the SCLC,

led the Birmingham campaign

Freedom, equality, no racism

Chicago, Montgomery, Atlanta, Pennsylvania

King

By Jake Baker

In this assignment, we were asked to write about someone important in history and describe them.

I chose Martin Luther King.

When other people read this poem, I hope they will understand and remember him.

February 3, 2020 5:48 pm

Dear Jake,
Wow this poem is amazing it really made me feel all types of emotions. One thing that stands out to me is, “Freedom for all”. I think this is interesting because I love the way you included it with all the other good things he did for this world. Also the way you make everything flow and connect together is clever of you.
Thanks for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your poem really makes the reader get engaged to the poem.

December 10, 2019 3:45 am

Dear Jake
I am grateful to your poem , “Martin Luther King,” because I see that it is a really important person and it is really good for people to keep thinking about him. I like the way you used repetition in the poem. But would like to know more background information about him and did he accomplished his fight.One stanza that stands out for me is, “Brave, Confident, Bold
Son of MLK Sr. and Alberta Williams
Freedom for all,
Happiness, inequality”
I think this section is interesting because it is giving a wide information about him and how his personality is showing his character. Another line that stands out for me is, “Freedom, equality, no racism” I think this line is a powerful line because he is fighting against racism without using harmful emotion. We can say that he is confident and he knows what he is going through. Thanks for your poem. I look forward to seeing what you make next. Also it we was really nice to write this comment and I am looking forward to get to know you better with also other story or poem.

December 8, 2019 12:38 am

Dear Jake.
I am choosing an adjective showing emotion of proud about your Poem. Your Poem, “Martin Luther King”, because I like the way that you write a poem with more adjectives that most people think he deserves it. Also This poem feel like you are teaching something to someone .
One stanza that stands out for me is,“Martin , Brave, Confident, Bold,Dad of Bernice, Dexter, Yolanda, and MLK III, Son of MLK Sr.” I think this section is interesting because it catching the reader’s attention to know more about this written poem. Since they adjectives that you choose to characterize him are strong.
Another line that stands out for me is, “Freedom, equality, no racism” I think this line is thought-provoking Because it makes the reader think about why those words if he never hear about Martin the person will do research . And know the appropriate meaning of all those words.
Your poem reminds me a poem that I once wrote about Everyday use because I really like they way you show your poem with many emotions of feeling that you want people to feel it like you do. And this is the same thing I did then I hope the will feel it.
Thanks for your poem . I look forward to seeing what you make next. Since I would like to see more variation of your word with a different adjectives people are not familiar with. Then using some of strategies elements that we can feel it , touch ,smell and see. And those can of thing will bring me back to see others creations you made again.

3
0
()