In the article, Helping Refugees Succeed (Upfront), I learned that there are people in this world who have seen others struggle and have wanted to make a change that will benefit society. John Finkelman is a boy who wanted to help out people who experienced or are experiencing the same things his grandparents went through. To help refugees succeed, Finkelman started a group to aid refugees in the US. He provided them with resources to learn English and life skills lessons. When moving to another country refugees are often led straight into poverty due to the lack of knowledge they have on that place, but with groups like the Equal Voice Initiative, many can be helped to take on a good life. Ever since the group was created, 1,300 refugees have taken the classes provided and other charities have partnered with the group to collect food, clothing, and educational supplies.

I believe this is a great way to advance in society and it is a great initiative towards making a difference. Finkelman was inspired by his grandparents’ journey and wanted to aid other refugees going through the same path. And in order to do that, initiating a group that provides the essentials to succeed in a foreign country was a great way towards making a change.

What would you do to make a difference?

0
()