My name is Mabel and I was born in the Dominican Republic. I am 15 years old, I lived in Dominican Republic but my dad decided to move to New york because it offers a better future, like school although I do not know much english but I know that much effort I will learn.

My father emigrated to New York 8 months ago and my life changed in many ways, good and bad because my mother did not come with us and good because here we have a better future and I can learn English but I hope my mom can come soon to be with us because we would be happier.

Justice is when they give what corresponds to a person who does things well and deserves them. Injustice is when they punish a person who does things well.

Hailey
January 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Very interesting story, Mabel. I am both enlighten and saddened by your experience. I cannot imagine leaving a family member behind in a different country, but your enthusiasm to succeed and learn will serve you very well. Your last sentence about “Injustice is when they punish a person who does things well” resonated with me. I beleive that is true. The world can be very unfair sometimes to even the best of people. If you would like to read more on this topic, look at this article:http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-stories-injustice-america-missed-article-1.3317904. I look forward to reading more from you on this topic in the future. Good luck!

Ceming
December 8, 2017 8:04 pm

Dear MAbel ,

I am sad about your post about because When I just come to NY,my mom cant come with us to the NY.same like you

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I hope my mom can come soon to be with us because we would be happier.” I think this is sad because…

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time…

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because… <add 2 or 3 sentences explaining what will bring you back to see more about this person’s thoughts.>

2
0
()