My favorite word is loyalty because showing loyalty makes you earn a lot of respect from everyone. Many people pretend to be loyal to others but really ain’t loyal at all. I would pick loyalty over love any day. People can love you today and won’t love you tomorrow, but loyalty always stays the same no matter what. 

I know many people that I knew for about five years and I never thought they would really stab me in the back. Someone you meet tomorrow can show you loyalty over someone you knew for many years, in this generation there are a lot of people who want to be something they’re not, and that’s really sad.

I am really shocked by how your own friends can turn their back on you any day. Where I’m from, it’s all about loyalty no matter what. If you know you ain’t loyal, don’t pretend to be loyal because some people will really kill you for not being loyal where I’m from

Loyalty and love are not the same and never will be. We can use a relationship as an example. A man can tell a woman: “I will always love you,” but months later they’re no longer together. To me the word love doesn’t really mean anything and that’s why when someone tells me that they love me, I just respond back with an “O.K.” 95 out of 100 times they really don’t mean it. If you ain’t loyal to me, get out my face with that fake love of your partner.

Photo: Loyalty by UCFFool on 2012-08-10 15:04:28

October 5, 2020 6:38 am

Dear Idrissa,

I am curious about your post, “Loyalty Over Love”, and to why you were aspired to write about the importance between the differences of these two words. I agree with you that loyalty should be a long-term want for relationships with other people. I also agree that loyalty is a sign of respect and it is important to want those who are important to you to have your respect.

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me is, “Loyalty and love are not the same and never will be.” I slightly disagree with this statement because regarding the differences between these two words I believe that a person’s loyalty comes from within their love for you, so in a way loyalty and love do correlate.

Thank you for this writing. I look forward to what your next writing is, because I like how you elaborate words that some may find hard to contrast. I would like you to continue writing about your opinions for those who might find your opinions relatable.

Aaliyah

1
0
()