I wrote this poem because I wanted to show  how much i love and appreciate my mom because of all the work that she has done for us.

Sacrifice,

when I think of sacrifice,

i think of my mom.

a powerful women like superman,

a funny person.

she sacrifice her culture, friends and family

for a better future for her kids…for me.

just like romeo sacrifice her life to be able to live with romeo.

Jessica
April 29, 2019 7:26 pm

I like the comparison you made between your mom and Romeo. I would have liked more from it.

Chiara
Chiara
December 7, 2018 5:58 pm

I like how you compared the sacrifices your mom made for you to those Juliet made for romeo. The way this poem was written makes it particularly powerful, because instead of complaining about your past struggles you took a different turn on it and praised you mother. That separates your poem from the other poems I’ve read. I really enjoyed your poem also because it’s not too long and goes straight to the point.

Naveen
December 7, 2018 5:51 pm

I can connect to this quote because I know that parents wake up at 5am and work till 7pm, to keep us fed and happy. Nice job writing this quote in a way that most people can relate too!

3
0
()