empty building hallway

After former inmates are released from prison, they struggle to find support that ensures they don’t end up back in prison. This support assists former prisoners in finding jobs and receiving education. The use of support groups composed of other former inmates provides newly released inmates the opportunity to rejoin society. However, with the coronavirus pandemic, it’s been difficult for former inmates to receive that physical and personal support.

The pandemic has forced many activities to become virtual. Former inmates are turning to virtual support groups that hold the same ideals as in-person support group. These Zoom meeting allow former inmates to keep each other accountable and motivate each other. Many inmates who have joined the Zoom meeting claim that they have been effective in ensuring that they avoid bad habits and getting mixed up with the wrong group of people.

Some may argue that it’s difficult for former inmates to join these online meetings. If former inmates don’t have access to a device or internet, they won’t have the ability to join any Zoom calls. However, Zoom meetings are the simplest way to continue the support group.

Overall, the solution of Zoom calls is effective as Zoom calls have been resources in multiple ways, including conducting school during the pandemic. Finally, Zoom calls are accessible anywhere, with proper resources, allowing for former inmate to continue finding support as they become members of society again.

https://nowcomment.com/documents/254010