I remember painting, getting my hands messy, and not caring.
I remember staying up late.
I remember watching anime and being excited about it.
I remember the warmth of the summer breeze.
I remember how it felt reading a book I enjoyed.
I remember how excited everyone was to have a break to then find out we won’t see each other for a year or more.
I remember the laughs me and friends shared when talking over the phone.
I remember me staying up until the next day to finish a painting.
I remember sketching while listening to music.
I remember me starting to watch anime for the first time.
I remember getting my first figure and buying many more after that.
I remember the sun and how bright it shines in the afternoon.
I remember saying “I miss you” to people I couldn’t see due to the pandemic.
I remember going on an online shopping spree.
I remember buying my first few mangas and buying many more after that.
I remember eating snacks while watching shows.

image_pdfimage_printPrint this page.

Marlissa Morris
Marlissa Morris
March 29, 2021 4:13 am

Dear Saniya,
I can relate to your post and it was such a tragic time. How much did it affect you in your personal life? Were you always in your community attending events? This affected me tragically because I am a teacher and always being in the classroom to not being there, has affected me. One of your lines stuck out to me about friends texting saying I miss you. Being such a close family, my father always texted us to check on us or vise versa. I would cry because I miss my family. Now that the world is somewhat open, we are slowly visiting but far from each other. We are still taking that precaution. Great post, thank you for sharing.

Gerardo
March 25, 2021 3:38 pm

Dear Saniya,

I really enjoyed your post ¨Life in the Past¨ because I can relate to you in many aspects. I was really intrigued when you said that you were watching anime and being excited about watching the next episode. Also, I can relate when you say that you would eat snacks while watching a movie. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is ¨I remember me starting to watch anime for the first time.¨ I liked this sentence because I too can remember trying out anime for my first time I thought it was going to be boring but no it was the complete opposite. Anyways, I really enjoyed this piece of writing and I look forward to your future posts.

Gerardo

Help on Youth Voices
2
0
()