gym road signage

My name is Nile Gayle. I was born and raised in The Bronx, and I’ve lived my entire life in New York City. I am half African American and half Jamaican. I currently work as a paraprofessional at a high school in Manhattan. I’m currently working on my second masters at Lehman College to become an English teacher for grades 7th through 12th. English has always been one of my strongest and favorite subjects while going to school. It also might be the reason why I’ve always loved writing. My goal when I become a teacher is to help students become more efficient essays writers so that they can pass both the English and ELA regents exams.

In my spare time I enjoy working out and watching sports. I like jogging, doing push ups, sit ups, lifting weights, and bike riding as well. I occasionally go to the gym and enjoy using machines such as the treadmill and the elliptical. Sometimes I also play basketball there or play basketball outside at the park when it’s warm. I also like swimming, going to the pool and the beach. A couple of other things I enjoy are cooking and traveling. I also like going out to eat and to the movies. I also like to play video games. Most of them are usually sports games. I even have a large collection of sports jerseys because I’m a huge fan.

Because I’m a sports fanatic, I spend the majority of my free time watching sports. My two favorite sports are baseball and basketball. I also like football and a huge wrestling fan of the WWE. My favorite sports teams are the Yankees, Lakers, and the Packers. I often get tickets for some of these sporting events and go with family and friends. I’m like a human jukebox because I love music. I’m a big fan of Hip-Hop and Reggae. I’m a big fan of Nas and Wu-Tang Clan. I have a large collection of CD’s and a ton of downloaded music on my phone. I also enjoy going to concerts as well. Last but not least, my favorite color is blue and my favorite thing to drink is Apple Juice.

September 13, 2021 11:39 pm

Dear, Nile Gayle 

I am impressed by your post, “Life In New York,” because it is really thoughtful to care about students’ success and help them in ways for them to pass English exams or essays. Students’ education is really important just like teachers teaching.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is: “I like jogging, doing push-ups, sit-ups, lifting weights, and bike riding as well.” I think it is a good idea to stay distracted but in a positive way like exercising to stay healthy.

Thanks for your writing. I like how you shared your life goals and experiences of living in New York. I would like you to continue being positive!

September 7, 2021 6:52 am

Dear  Nile:

I am impress about your post, Life in New York,” because one of my goals is to live in New York City. Also something that I want to know is how is the life there and how is the people. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I am half African American and half Jamaican.” I think this is interesting because most the people that I hear is that most the people that I hear is just white and black people but I didn’t know that African American.Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I want to know how is the live in New York. That is my favorite City and I want to know more about it. Why you live there and not on other city?

Veronica V.

Last edited 1 year ago by Veronica
August 25, 2021 7:41 pm

Dear Nile:

I am fascinated by your post, “Life in New York,” because I want to know how people live in New York. And I want to know more about the perspective of other people in where they live. I think it is interesting because one day I want to visit New York. 

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “A couple of other things I enjoy are cooking and traveling.” I think this is great because I enjoy traveling too because I think it is cool to visit new places. I think it is great to know about other cultures. 

Thank you for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it’s interesting to know about people around the world. And it’s better to understand how people live in other countries. Why were you so interested in teaching only grades 7th and 12th? 

Samantha M. 

August 25, 2021 3:24 pm

Dear Nile,

I am amazed with your post because I would love to visit new york someday. The way you not only write about new york in your post but talked over your post giving me more of an example about life in New York and how some people may talk. I also like that it wasn’t just about New York and how you explained what you like and how that relates to where you live.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is, “My favorite sports teams are the Yankees, Lakers, and the Packers.” I think it is crazy how you live in New York but like the Lakers because I the Lakers are from Los Angeles.

Thanks for writing. I am looking forward to seeing what you write about next, because your writing was fun and enjoyable. It felt as if I was listening to a friend talking.

Francisco,

August 25, 2021 3:17 pm

Dear Nile,

I am impressed by your post, “Life in New York” because of how detailed it is. I like how you added your hobbies because I can relate to some of them. And also, how you put some of your backstory into it.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is “I also like football and a huge wrestling fan of the WWE” because I used to be a huge fan of WWE back in the early 2010s.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I want to hear more about you. It interests me.

Fernando,

August 24, 2021 9:15 pm

Dear Nile:

I am currently 16 years old and It has been a dream of mine to permanently move to New York. By specifying your life in New York, you have made me even more want to pursue my dream of living there. You and I have a lot of similarities as I also like to work out, play video games, listen to music, and watch sports!

Something that stood out to me was that you were very specific in your bio and I really liked that it was like I was getting to know you face to face. It seems like you are a very talented person and a very well put individual. I was very impressed by your bio, I don’t like reading but I really enjoyed reading this.

Thank you for writing this about your life in New York, I look forward to seeing what else (if) you post on this app because you seem like a very cool person and I would like to learn more about your daily life. Thank you and I wish you the best of luck in everything you want to accomplish.

Marina
August 10, 2021 1:56 am

Hi Nile! I learned so much about you from your very detailed bio! Thank you for sharing so much of who you are with our Youth Voices and Lute-Stem Community. When you return to revise and edit, ask yourself this question: How can I connect my ideas to the Habits of Mind? Label and identify places where you show evidence of different habits. I look forward to see how you combine your skills, talents, and interests with the habits!

7
0
()