This Shadow Box represents me because I put my chosen identity and my assigned identities that are being Latino and living in Oakland and  being an older brother. I put things that represent me being all those identities. When people look at me they think that I’m shy and that I don’t want to talk but that’s not true I decide just not to talk. They might also think that I only speak Spanish. I live in Oakland and people think it is bad and when they look at me and I say I’m from Oakland and they think I’m up to no good just because I’m from Oakland. These are all dominant narratives. Some things I put in the box are a Mexican flag and a American flag. My nationality is American but my ethnicity is Mexican and I lived in Mexico in Tijuana for a little bit.        

Adrian
September 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Dear Leo

I like your items with the shadow box especially the dog it looks realistic I am also doing the same project with the shadow. One question, what does the dog represent in the shadow box? Another question is, what do people call you for a dominant narrative? Other than that, the box looks great and the patches are cool

Madiyah
February 6, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi my name is Madiyah Torres and I am currently attending Fremont High School. One question that I have is the dog and skulls represent in your shadowbox? One thing that I liked about you shadowbox was that you put both flags to represent your nationality and ethnicity.

angel
February 6, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi my name is Angel and the school i got to is fremont high school and we were doing the same project as you.one questuion i have is why are there badge patches in your box?one question i have about your writing is that is saying that every one that live in oakland is bad and the other people that don’t live here are like oaklands a bad place when it’s not and not all people thing oakland is bad (the people that don live here).

4
0
()