Leadership is an extremely important part in the economy and the world we live in. Women in leadership positions are becoming more and more popular as the years go on. A singular person I would consider a leader in our community in my mom. She contains so many different leadership qualities, but the most important one to me is inclusivity. In June of this year, my mom, Laura Rudow and also the deputy director of the St. Charles Park District, opened up a brand new park that brings together “young people of all abilities.” This was a huge eye opening experience for the community. Most people do not even think about how someone in a wheelchair would go down the slide or how non-verbal children or young adults communicate away from home. The opening of this playground changed the community in St. Charles because it contributes to all people of all abilities (Fox Valley Magazine). Women face many challenges in any kind of leadership positions. One of these challenges being trusting their own voices. For women surrounded by an executive presence, some may find it difficult to have confidence in expressing their ideas (Kelley). This along with many other challenges push back the voices we much need from women in the community. Having a prominent leadership figure in your life is extremely important to a person and gives someone something to look up to. In the end, having a stable leader in a community is crucial to a functioning society. Being a leader means many things but most importantly is making a safe space for all people, no matter their abilities.
5 1 vote
September 27, 2021 8:15 pm

I love the story about your mom! What she did for your community is extremely empowering for women. It’s so true that womens voices tend to get pushed to the side and I adore that your mom went against various obstacles to push for her beliefs!! #ilovelaura

September 27, 2021 5:11 am

Love the leadership aspect as it relates to the book. Your mom sounds like a great influence to the community we live in. Would love to meet her. My cirque is I would love to hear the challenges your mother faces as a third person/ first person point of view on how she directly faces them.

Challenges female leaders face in the workplace: Women in leadership. Kelley School of Business Executive Education. (2021, August 11). Retrieved September 27, 2021, from https://execed.kelley.iu.edu/5-challenges-that-female-leaders-face-in-the-workplace/. New st. charles playground opens doors for people of all abilities. Fox Valley Magazine. (2021, June 9). Retrieved September 27, 2021, from https://foxvalleymagazine.com/2021/06/09/new-st-charles-playground-opens-doors-for-people-of-all-abilities/.

2
0
()